June Accountability Check-In… and Something Special for 12x12ers
June 29, 2012
I have a bit (not much) to report as I check in on my accomplishments for the month, and I’m going to do it a little differently this time. Darlene Foster has been sweet and generous, and has given me TWO blog awards this week, the “One Lovely Blog Award” and the “Reader Appreciation Award.” Thank you so much, Darlene!
Because of these awards, 12 x 12 participants will definitely want to read to the end of this post to see how my celebration of the half-way mark for 12×12 concludes today.
Since, like many of these blog awards, one of the requirements is to share seven things about oneself, I am going to do my check-in as my seven things. Click the magic words to find out what I did this month!
1. Yes, I did complete a picture book manuscript (first draft only) for the 12 x 12 challenge. It popped into my head out of the blue, because of what was going on in my own life that day, and quickly put itself on paper. So I’m 6 for 6 in 12 x 12.
2. I had four awesome interviews on my blog this month, Emma Walton Hamilton, Imogen Ragone, Brian Sibley and Julie Hedlund. I have no idea how I’m ever going to top them. If you haven’t already read these interviews, I urge you to do so. They absolutely blew me away!
3. Thanks to beginning to read the book Save the Cat! by Blake Snyder, I finally got a handle on how to write my adult novel, and that has been my major writing focus this month.
4. I had a chance to do a guest post on Jennifer Young’s blog, and I so enjoyed talking about resources for emerging writers.
5. I spent much more time the second half of the month shopping for appropriate clothes to wear to the Stony Brook Southampton Children’s Literature Conference in July than I did writing. That’s life. One must have clothes, and when one is not-slim and not-tall, finding flattering clothes is sometimes more of a challenge than one would wish.
6. In my check-in post for May, I said that in this month’s check-in I would take a look at my progress on my year’s goals as set out in January. I think it would be a good idea to hold off on that… perhaps as we start September and are looking toward the “home stretch.” Too much serious reflection at this time of year seems out of place, somehow.
7. Speaking of summer, this blog will be on hiatus for the next three weeks (or so) and I may be making some changes to the posting line-up when the blog and I return. Enjoy your July, whatever it holds for you!
And now, in celebration of the half-way point of 12 x 12, instead of awarding the “One Lovely Blog Award” and the “Reader Appreciation Award” to just a few bloggers, I want to award it to
all the participants in 12 x 12 in 2012.
You are all awesome, and I’m so grateful to be a part of such a creative, supportive group. Thank you!
Just as Darlene did, I’ve combined the rules of the two awards, so here are the rules for recipients:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate six to ten blogs you admire
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
And here are the lovely badges:
Have a wonderful summer, all of you! Thanks for reading! See you when my blog is back from hiatus.