The Liebster-fest continues…
February 5, 2012
No, not Lobster-Fest! We don’t grow lobsters here on the landlocked Prairies. We certainly seem to attract a lot of love, though. Mona Pease, whose blog is Mona Meanders, has just awarded me with a Liebster Blog Award. Thank you so much, Mona!
I am very grateful for all the blog awards that have come my way recently, but after this one, I’d like to suggest that the awards be spread around to others. Besides, I’m running out of random things to post about! 😉
Anyway, on to the explanation of the Liebster:
“Liebster is a German word, meaning dearest or beloved, but it can also mean favorite. The idea behind the Liebster Blog Award is that it is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers in order to create new connections and bring attention to these wonderful blogs!”
The rules of the Liebster are to thank the person who gave me the award and link back to that person’s blog, to tell you five random things about myself, and to pass the award on to five other worthy bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
1. When I was 11 years old, a wise and wonderful tomcat-in-a-tuxedo named Panther took it upon himself to cure me of my fear of cats, and I have been grateful to him ever since.
2. I have no brothers or sisters, making my cousins doubly precious to me.
3. Some of you already know this, but… last May I had the privilege of meeting a woman who has inspired me nearly my whole life because of her inner person, rather than her outer fame — Julie Andrews.
4. I have always delighted in penguins and their antics, but hadn’t realized that they must have meant something special to my grandmother as well, until after her death we found pictures of penguins she’d clipped out of magazines and had carefully saved.
5. I didn’t encounter A.A. Milne’s Winnie-the-Pooh books until I was 17 — and I have loved them ever since.
And now, 5 bloggers whom I’d like you to get to know, to whom I’ll be giving the Liebster.
Margaret at Pen to Print
Natalie at Wading Through Words
Jennifer at Jennifer Rumberger: Children’s Author
Penny at Penny Klostermann
Tracy at AtoZ Mommy