Although there will be one special post next week, this is the last regular post for 2015 on By Word of Beth. With that in mind, I’d like to spend a few moments wrapping up the year, before we get ready to unwrap the new one.
Over the course of the year on this blog
- I recommended about fifty books on this blog (I say about because I may have missed one or two…)
- Julie Gribble contributed some more posts about making a picture book
- I continued the popular Grammar Owl series (although it eventually migrated to my new blog)
- I began a monthly series on Reading Aloud to the Elderly
On my Starborn Revue blog
- I’ve expanded its focus beyond the arts to include middle grade novels
- I’ve recommended about 25 books on that blog
In my editing life
- I launched a stand-alone website for my Flubs2Fixes editing services.
- I also launched a third blog, A Word with Beth, over on my Flubs2Fixes editing site
- I expanded my editing services to include developmental/content editing as well as copy editing
In my writing
- I’ve had a middle grade novel out on submission to various editors
- I’ve completed work on an adult novel
- Other projects are at varying stages in the writing and revising process
Of course, that is just skimming the surface of what has happened over the year, but it at least gives an overview of what my year has been like.
I always find the prospect of a new year to be exciting and invigorating — I look forward to what 2016 will bring with eagerness and anticipation. Bring it on!
What are you celebrating this year, and what are you looking forward to in the new year?
Happy Holidays to you and yours!