As well as being a writer, I’m a copy editor with a freelance business called Flubs2Fixes Copy Editing. I’d love to work with you to help you make your manuscript SHINE!
My Flubs2Fixes website is currently being updated to serve you better. In the meantime, you can still request my editing services. See below for the procedure.
- ready to submit your manuscript to an agent or publisher, or ready to take the next step in independently publishing your writing, but need someone who has a keen eye for grammar, spelling, punctuation and all the mechanical elements that are crucial to a professional-looking manuscript? I’m here, and through my copy editing and proof-reading, I can help you make your manuscript SHINE!
Why should you entrust your manuscript to me?
- I’m a writer and editor who loves words and loves helping other writers make their manuscripts the best they can be — taking manuscripts from Flubs to Fixes!
- In college, I majored in English, which gave me a solid grounding in language and its use. One memorable college summer, I worked as a proofreader of government documents. I used to say that experience had spoiled me for life, as errors jumped out at me in whatever I was reading. Now I realize it was preparing me for launching my editing service! I launched Flubs2Fixes in the fall of 2013 and, from the very first manuscript I worked on, I knew I had chosen the right field.
- I work hard at honing my editing skills through courses and webinars. I have attained the Poynter/ACES Certificate in Copy Editing, which entailed working through an in-depth course in the different aspects of copy editing.
- Since I am a writer as well as an editor, I understand how it feels to entrust your manuscript to someone else for feedback of any sort, and so I am sensitive and encouraging while also being as helpful as possible. The joy of editing is not pointing out errors, but rather is helping another writer to learn and grow and make their manuscript shine. I find that all I learn with the goal of honing my own writing makes me a better editor. I continue to learn, and to teach — we all are teachers — and I love to help my editing clients learn more about the craft of writing through the comments and suggestions I make on their manuscripts.
- I have a passion for connecting people with the right resources, whether that resource is a book, a website, or a blog post. I often suggest resources to clients during the editing or consulting process.
I bring all this — plus a commitment to language, literature, and great writing — to my work as an editor.
I’m currently updating my Flubs2Fixes website to serve you better. In the meantime, if you want to work with me,
Send your request in an email to mail (at) flubs2fixes (dot) com
~ if your manuscript is picture book, middle grade, or other
~ fiction or nonfiction
~ word count
~ if you have any time deadline to work with. There is an extra charge for RUSH projects.
I’ll respond with:
~ if I’m available OR
~ when I will be available
~ suggested time frame for the project
~ rate quote
You then respond whether you agree (or not) or if you need to request a change in the time frame.
Once we get the details ironed out, I’ll send a contract with explanation of further details.