From time to time, I will be posting outside my regular schedule, to alert you to special events and opportunities in a “Heads Up!” post. This is just such an alert.
Picture Book Summit, an information-packed one-day online conference, filled to the brim with opportunity, learning, and fun, is coming to computer screens on OCTOBER 2, 2021 — just two weeks from today.
The conference, in its 7th year, is an amazing opportunity to hear from stars of the picture book world — authors, illustrators, agents and editors, all from the comfort of your own home. PB Summit was an online conference before online conferences were a “thing.”
Headliners this year are:
Attendees will also enjoy instructional workshops from:
- Editor/Educator Laura Backes: Rules Schmules: How to Break the Rules and Get Away with It
- Authors Emma Walton Hamilton & Julie Hedlund: Pitch Perfect: Fine-Tuning the Voice in Your Pitch
- Author Rob Sanders: Mind Mapping Your Way to Authentic Stories
Agent/Editor Panels will include:
- Eileen Robinson, Executive Editor and Consultant to the Publisher, Reycraft Books
- Helen H. Wu, Associate Publisher, Yeehoo Press
- Naomi Krueger, Acquisitions Editor, Beaming Books
- Adria Goetz, Martin Literary Management
- Emily Forney, BookEnds Literary
- Stefanie Molina, Ladderbird Literary Agency
I attended last year, had a wonderful time, was inspired, and learned so much. Although I’m not able to attend this year, I can assure you that it is worth every penny of the registration fee (and costs so much less than attending a conference in person, where you have to figure in travel costs and accommodation). You can also watch replays of all the sessions for three months after the conference — what in-person conference has that option?
It’s coming up SOON, so if you want to attend, you need to act even sooner. This year there are two options — you can either choose the option that gives you submission opportunities along with all the information in the conference itself, or choose to attend the conference without the submission opportunities. Either way, I can promise that you will have learned a lot, will have got to know new people, and will have had FUN, by the end of the day.
There’s also a delightful PJ party one night shortly before the conference, that gets you revved up for the day itself.
Want more information? Click on this link to learn everything you ever wanted to know about Picture Book Summit, and to register!